10 Dec Spicy Atchar Mussels
SPICY ATCHAR MUSSELS
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 200 g (half a jar) PEPPADEW® Hot Vegetable Atchar with Piquanté Peppers (or PEPPADEW® Hot Mango Atchar with Piquanté Peppers)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground paprika
- 1 kg fresh black mussels, scrubbed and cleaned
375 ml (1/2 bottle) dry white wine
Handful of Italian parsley or coriander leaves, roughly chopped, to serve
Fresh lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a wide casserole/pot with a lid. Add PEPPADEW® Atchar with Piquanté Peppers and garlic and fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Add the paprika and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Add the white wine and mussels and bring to a boil.
- Cover with the lid and leave to cook for 5-8 minutes, or until all the mussels have opened.
- Remove lid, scatter with parsley/coriander and serve at once in bowls with crusty bread.
Discard any mussels that won’t open when cooked