500 g (17.64 oz) cubed lamb steaks
500 g (17.64 oz) cubed pork steaks
1 jar PEPPADEW® Pickled Onions
12 dried apricots
Sosatie sticks, soaked in water for 6 hours
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
15 ml (1 tbsp) medium curry powder
2,5 ml (1/2 tsp) turmeric
30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
30 ml (2 tbsp) apricot jam
250 ml (1 cup) PEPPADEW® Pickled Onion pickling liquid (reserved from the jar above)
60 ml (1/4 cup) white wine vinegar
250 ml (1 cup) milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Drain the PEPPADEW® Pickled Onions and reserve the pickling liquid.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic for a minute.
- Add the curry powder and turmeric and cook, stirring for a minute.
- Add all the remaining marinade ingredients and bring to a boil, whisking all the time.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside and allow to cool down completely.
- Combine the meat, pickled onions and apricots in a Zip Lock bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the Zip Lock bag and refrigerate the meat for 2 days.
- Thread the meat onto the sosatie sticks adding 2 pickled onions and 2 apricots to each sosatie.
- Grill or braai the sosaties in the oven or over medium hot coals. Serve at once.
PEPPADEW® Pickled Onions shine in this quick and easy marinade for sosaties.