This healthy vegan recipe for Roasted Cauliflower Steaks makes for a tasty lunch or dinner idea. It is topped with a flavoursome Sweet Piquanté Pepper Pesto.
1 large cauliflower head, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 sprigs thyme, chopped
30 ml olive oil
Salt & pepper
For the Pesto
150 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild or Hot Whole
150 g cashew nuts
4 cloves garlic
100 g Parmesan cheese
150 ml olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C.
- Whisk the olive oil with the garlic, thyme, and seasoning.
- Lay slices of cauliflower on a non-stick baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Roast for 20 – 25 minutes, turning half way through cooking until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto by whizzing all the ingredients together in a food processor, adding a little water if it is too thick.
- Serve the cauli- steaks with crispy green beans and a big dollop of pesto.