Try this easy, tasty & healthy prawn salad topped with a homemade salad dressing. Makes for an appetising starter or side dish. Serve with crusty bread.
Prawn Cocktail Dressing
½ cup good quality mayonnaise
50 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Pepper Mild Chopped or Hot Slices
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt & pepper
For the Salad
8 large prawns, head on & cleaned
200 g cooked prawns
6 baby gem lettuce, washed and halved
Micro greens or salad greens
6 spring onions, sliced
100 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Pepper Mild Chopped or Hot Slices
lemon wedges to serve
- Pop the PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers into jug of hand blender, add mayo, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, pinch of salt & black pepper, and whizz to make pink mayo.
- For the Salad, heat a griddle pan until very hot or over a BBQ, grill baby gem halves until just wilted. Remove and set aside.
- Next butterfly the prawns and grill until pink. Remove and set aside.
- Mix the cooked prawns with half of the dressing.
- To assemble, arrange the grilled lettuce on platter, and spoon over the prawn mayo, spoon the remaining sauce into a bowl. Arrange the grilled prawns on the platter.
- Garnish with spring onion shredded and lemon wedges and sprinkle over the micro herbs & PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers. Finish with a grinding of black pepper & sprinkling of sea salt.
Serve with crusty bread.