Try this easy Prawn Risotto Recipe made with PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers, lemon, Parmesan & thyme. A comforting family dinner idea that’s ready in 1 hour.
100 g Sweet Piquanté Pepper Hot Slices or Mild Chopped
12 whole prawns head on, deveined and cleaned
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
300 g risotto rice
500 ml fish stock or vegetable stock
300 g bag frozen shelled prawns, defrosted
3 tbsp grated parmesan
1 lemon, grated zest and juice
Handful thyme leaves, roughly chopped
Extra parmesan shavings, to serve
- Start by grilling the prawns, cook until just pink, remove from the heat, cover and set aside until serving.
- Heat the oil and sauté the onion and stir in the rice, and cook for a further 5 minutes, pour over the stock, and stir frequently until the liquid is almost absorbed.
- Add in the defrosted shelled prawns, cover and cook for 2-3 mins until the seafood is cooked, add the Piquanté Peppers.
- Stir in the parmesan and lemon juice and leave to stand for a moment while you get the whole cooked prawns.
- Spoon the risotto into bowls and scatter over thyme leaves and lemon zest.
- Top with the grilled prawns.
- Serve with extra Piquanté Peppers and Parmesan shavings.
- Meat eaters might like the addition of fried Chorizo.