This delicious recipe for PEPPADEW® Piquanté Peppers & Leek Savoury Tartlets made with a Cheddar crust is brilliant for canapés, dinner parties & picnics.
1 Jar PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Whole (Mild or Hot)
175 g plain flour
85 g butter
5 g strong cheddar, grated
600 g leeks, washed and sliced
45 ml olive oil
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
125 ml crème fraiche or sour cream
125 ml full cream milk
Salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 180°C. Blitz the flour, butter and cheddar cheese in a food processor until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then add 1 egg and whiz again until it forms a ball.
- Lightly dust a cool surface with flour and roll out the pastry, then chill for 10 minutes. Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and baking beans and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- In a frying pan heat the oil and gently sauce the leeks until soft but not browned. Remove and cool.
- Whisk together the egg, Dijon mustard, crème fraiche and milk, spread the leeks evenly over the pastry base. And top with PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Whole. Sprinkle with thyme and freshly ground black pepper. Return the tart to the middle of the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 130°C and cook for a further 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.