THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT
This Notice explains how Peppadew International obtains, uses and discloses personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
At Peppadew International the company is committed to protecting privacy and ensuring that the personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
About the Company
Peppadew International (PTY) Ltd.
PEPPADEW HEAD OFFICE
Portion of 1st Floor,
North Block, Culross Court,
16 Culross Street,
Factory 264, Bravo Street
The information Peppadew International collects
Peppadew International collects and processes your personal information mainly for the purposes of entering into contracts as stipulated by relevant legislation.
Peppadew International collects information directly from you when you provide us with the required personal details. Where possible, Peppadew International will inform you as to what information you are obliged to provide to us and as to what information is optional.
How Peppadew International use your information
Peppadew International will use the information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary, your information may be retained for legal purposes. It will be used to:
- Comply with lawful obligations
- To give effect to the contractual relationship between you and Peppadew International in order to ensure the correct administration of the relationship
- To gather contact information;
- To confirm and verify your identity and do credit checks if required
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractices;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
Disclosure of information
Peppadew International may disclose your information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services involving you. Peppadew International will ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
Peppadew International may also disclose your information:
- Where Peppadew International have a duty, or a right, to disclose such information in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where Peppadew International believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
Peppadew International is legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information. Peppadew International holds and to stop unauthorised access and use of your information. Peppadew International will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
When Peppadew International contract with third parties, Peppadew International impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that Peppadew International remains responsible for, is kept secure.
Peppadew International will ensure that anyone onto whom Peppadew International passes your information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as Peppadew International are obliged to do.
Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Peppadew International holds about you. To do this, simply contact the HR Executive and specify what information you require.
Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete obsolete personal information. Peppadew International would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate and updated.
Definition of personal information
According to the Act ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the POPI Act, COR Concepts also includes the following items as personal information:
- All addresses including residential, postal and email addresses.
- Change of name – for which Peppadew International require copies of the marriage certificate or official change of name document issued by the relevant government department.
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact the HR Executive at email@example.com
HP DE VILLIERS
INFORMATION OFFICER – PEPPADEW INTERNATIONAL