A easy butternut soup recipe with delicious Moroccan flavours & spices. A warming, comforting and healthy dinner or lunch recipe that’s perfect for wintertime.
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 50 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers slices, mild or hot
- 800 g chopped butternut
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 600 ml chicken or veggie stock
Fresh coriander, roasted chickpea and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Hot Slices
- In a large soup pot heat the oil and brown the onion, when golden add the garlic, ginger, spices and sauce and simmer for 1 – 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the butternut, chickpeas and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 – 30 minutes until the butternut is very soft when pushed with a spoon.
- Allow to cool slightly and blend or serve chunky.
- Garnish with roasted chickpeas, fresh coriander and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers.