A home-made Bread Pudding Recipe with a twist! Try our this decadent & easy dessert recipe made with croissants, cream caramel fudge and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers.
- 6 croissants
- 150 g box Wilsons Cream Caramels
- 500 ml milk
- 250 ml castor sugar
- 10 ml vanilla extract
- 10 ml ground cinnamon
- 3 green cardamom pods, lightly bruised
- 6 eggs, whisked with a pinch of salt
- 150 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Chopped or Hot Slices
- 150 ml cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, grease an oven proof dish, and toast the croissants in the oven for 10 minutes. Cool, and cut in half lengthwise
- In a saucepan bring the milk and sugar to the boil, reduce the heat and add the cinnamon, vanilla and cardamon, simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool. Remove the cardamon pods.
- Arrange half the toasted croissants in a single layer in the dish and sprinkle with half of the Wilsons Caramels, and half the PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers.
- Whisk the eggs into the cooled aromatic milk, and pour half over the croissants. Arrange the remaining croissants over the first layer and pour over the remaining cream making sure they are well covered.
- Bake for 10 minutes. While the croissant pudding is baking, scald the cream in a saucepan. When warm remove from the heat and add the remaining PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers and caramels.
- Remove croissant pudding from the oven and pour over the cream mixture, return to the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes until golden brown, and the cream bubbles around the edges.
- Remove and serve warm with ice cream