Try our Easy Chicken & Orzo Pasta Recipe. A quick one pot dish idea for busy weeknights or an impressive main meal for entertaining guests. Ready in only 50 min.
6 chicken thighs
6 chicken drumsticks
50 ml olive oil
1 pkt Orzo pasta
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
1 large brown onion, chopped
2 garlic clovers, crushed
20 black olives, pitted
20 green olives
1 yellow pepper cut into quarters
½ jar PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild or Hot Whole
500 ml Chicken stock
150 ml white wine (optional)
Juice & zest of 1 orange
3 – 4 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped and a few reserved for garnish
Salt & pepper
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken pieces in a little oil, in batches if necessary. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet add olive oil and the onion and sauce, when golden add the orzo and paprika and stir to coat it in the onion mixture, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, place the yellow pepper pieces around, scatter over the olives, and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers.
- Pour over the stock, wine, orange juice, zest and chopped oregano.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15- 20 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed and the orzo is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes, garnish with oregano sprigs and a good grinding of black pepper.