500g (1.1 lb) chicken livers, trimmed, rinsed and dried
8 rashers of streaky bacon
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper
20 green grapes, seeded and halved
20 red grapes, seeded and halved
8 PEPPADEW® Pickled Onions, cut into thick slices
60 ml (4 tbsp) sherry
Salad greens or watercress to serve
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan until crisp and golden.
- Set aside and add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the rendered fat in the frying pan.
- Add the livers and cook over high heat until browned but still rosy on the inside.
- Add the bacon, grapes and PEPPADEW® Pickled Onions.
- Divide the salad greens between 4 plates. Spoon the livers, bacon, grapes and pickled onions over the greens.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the sherry. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and stir well.
- Spoon the sauce over the livers and serve at once.
We can’t tell you how well this combination works, so just try it for yourself. It’s a flavour explosion! Serve it on a bed of salad greens or with lots of watercress.