The best savoury muffin recipe for an easy weekend breakfast, brunch, snack or anytime! Filled with ham or bacon, cheese & PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers.
1 and ½ cups / 273g self-raising flour, sifted
1 cup / 124g grated mature cheddar, plus extra to sprinkle on top
50 g, PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Chopped or Hot Slices, plus extra to sprinkle on top
100 g cooked ham, diced, or cooked bacon
2 spring onions, finely chopped
Big pinch of sea salt
Grinding of black pepper
1 cup / 250 ml milk or buttermilk
1 large free range egg
- Preheat oven to 180°C, and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the flour, cheese, PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers, bacon, spring onions, seasoning into a large bowl.
- Beat the egg and milk, and pour into the flour mixture, stir, but do not over mix.
- Spoon into the muffin cases and sprinkle with extra cheese and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes until risen and brown. Test with a skewer.
- Remove from oven and cool
Serve with butter and grated cheese.