Breath-taking centrepiece recipe for beef fillet steak stuffed with anchovies, bread & PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers served with easy chimichurri sauce. Perfect for Sunday lunch
For the filling
3 slices stale bread, sourdough or ciabatta
3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
150 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Chopped or Slices, drained
4 anchovy fillets, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon Italian mixed herbs, dried
For the chimichurri sauce
100 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Slices or Chopped, drained
2 large bunches Italian parsley, washed
2 spring onions, washed
4 cloves garlic, peeled
45 ml red wine vinegar
100 ml good quality olive oil
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- To make the stuffing: crumble the stale bread into a bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil, add the remaining stuffing ingredients and mash together lightly with your hands until combined.
- To stuff the fillet, slice open length-ways, and butterfly the meat. Place the filling along the inside and then close the meat and wrap with cooking string to enclose the filling.
- Pre heat the oven to 200°c.
- Sear the meat in a hot pan until golden brown on all sides, plan the meat in a roasting pan in the oven for 20- 40 minutes depending on preference to doneness.
- While the meat is cooking make the chimichurri sauce; place all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz to combine, do not over process, preferably chop by hand so it’s a nice loose rustic sauce.
- Serve with watermelon and radishes for a colourful salad.