2018 PEPPADEW® INTERNATIONAL CULINARY CHALLENGE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions apply to the PEPPADEW® International Culinary Challenge (the “Promotion”).
This Promotion is being run by Peppadew International (Pty) Limited (“Peppadew”) with company registration number 1995/008244/07 in association with ChefMLK with registration number 2008/161907/23.
- The first stage of this Promotion will run from 19th January 2018 to 02 March 2018. Peppadew reserves the right to extend the duration of the first stage of the Promotion, subject to these terms and conditions, should it deem it necessary to do so. No late entries will be accepted.
- No director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of Peppadew, Chef MLK or their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this Promotion nor any juristic person or legal entity may participate in this Promotion.
- To enter this Promotion, participants will be required to:
3.1. Complete the relevant entry form (available here);
3.2. Create an original menu (including Starter, Main and Desert courses) with each course including and making use of at least one PEPPADEW® product. Menu’s created should also include recipe descriptions as to how the courses are prepared together with photographs of all three courses made up. For a list of PEPPADEW® products available in South Africa, please visit www.peppadew.com/za/peppadew-retail-products;
3.3. Write a short summary of no more than 500 words setting out where you would like your culinary career to take you in the next five years of your life.
- All of the above must then be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Martin@chefmlk.com by no later than close of business on 02 March 2018.
- Participants shall be limited to only one entry per person.
- Thereafter, all valid and compliant entries will be pre-judged by a panel of certified judges from the South African Association of Chefs.
- The top six entries will be chosen to compete in a culinary cook-off battle where a three-course meal (including Starter, Main and Dessert) will need to be prepared by contestants from a mystery box of ingredients pre-selected by the promotors. Judges will then select one winner based on the best meal of the day.
- The final culinary cook-off shall take place on 5th April 2018 at the Johannesburg ChefMLK School of Cooking situated at 44 Rietfontein Road, Glenmarais, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, Gauteng.
- Should participants be selected to take part in the final culinary cook-off, they shall be required to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements (if necessary) to attend and participate in the final culinary cook-off.
- The Promotion is open to all South African Citizens who are over the age of 18 years and not older than 25 years as at 5 April 2018.
- As above, a total of six entries will be chosen from the first stage of the competition to take part in the final culinary cook-off. Should any of the chosen six participants not accept the opportunity or be unable to attend the final cook-off in Johannesburg for any reason whatsoever, said participants shall be deemed to have forfeited the awarded prize/opportunity.
- Selected participants shall be notified via email and shall be required to confirm in writing that the awarded opportunity to take part in the final cook-off is accepted and that all necessary arrangements to attend the final culinary cook-off in Johannesburg shall be made.
- In the event that selected participants fail to respond to Peppadew in writing within 14 days of being notified, said participants shall be deemed to have forfeited the awarded prize/opportunity and new participants shall be selected from the remaining compliant and valid entries.
- Participants accepting the opportunity to take place in the final culinary cook-off agree to make themselves available and to arrange the necessary accommodation and travel arrangements (if necessary) to attend the final culinary cook-off in Johannesburg. By agreeing to take part in the final culinary cook-off, participants thereof consent to allowing their names and likeness being used in all Peppadew and ChefMLK promotional material associated with the PEPPADEW® International Culinary Challenge South Africa.
- From the top six entries chosen to take part in the final culinary cook-off, the best prepared meal shall be selected by the relevant judges and shall be awarded the prize of an all-expenses paid trip to the Worldchefs Congress in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia taking place from 11 to 14 July 2018.
- Any selected winner of the final prize shall be required to possess a valid passport and be legally eligible to travel to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia during the relevant time. Should said winner not be capable or eligible to travel to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia at the relevant times, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and the final prize shall be awarded to the next qualifying runner-up.
- Peppadew and ChefMLK shall not be held liable for any failure of any technical element relating to this Promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
- Peppadew and ChefMLK hereby reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of similar commercial value in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control deeming it necessary to do so.
- Peppadew and ChefMLK reserve the right to reject any prize winner whereby any application is:
- Received from a non-South African Citizen;
- Is submitted on behalf of a third party;
- Does not, in Peppadew’s or ChefMLK’s sole opinion and discretion, adhere to these Terms & Conditions for any reason whatsoever.
- Subject to the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, the prize winner accepts the prize at his / her own risk. The winner may be required to sign a waiver of liability and indemnity before claiming the final prize.
- Final inners may be requested to take part in Peppadew’s and/or ChefMLK’s publicity campaigns and to allow their names and likenesses to be used by Peppadew and/or ChefMLK for promotional purposes.
- Where winners consent to take part in any of Peppadew’s and/or ChefMLK’s publicity campaigns, they will not be entitled to any remuneration for such participation and all materials and any form of copyright arising from such participation will be the sole property of Peppadew.
- By entering this Promotion, all participants accept and agree to abide by all applicable legislation as well as these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges’ decision will be final and binding and no correspondence disputing any such decision will be entered into.
- Peppadew and ChefMLK hereby reserve the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this Promotion in the event of any technical and/or other difficulties that might compromise the Promotion’s, Peppadew’s or ChefMLK’s integrity.
- Participants are responsible for any data, cellphone or any other charges necessary to enable participants to to enter the Promotion.
- The clauses in these rules are severable. This means that if any clause in these rules is found to be unlawful, it will be removed and the remaining clauses will still apply.
- This Promotion and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- An auditor will oversee the prize allocation process in order to ensure fairness and correctness.